How HG transparent leather repairer works
The special formula of this leather repairer dries transparently, which means the repair to the leather is virtually invisible. After the repair the leather remains supple and retains its natural look. HG transparent leather repairer is therefore ideal for repairing leather jackets, bags and furniture.
How do you use HG transparent leather repairer?
Follow the steps below for correct use of HG transparent leather repairer and a successful leather repair.
General pre-treating of leather:
- Clean the surface to be repaired carefully with HG deep cleaner for leather to ensure the leather is free from grease and to ensure optimum bonding of the HG leather repairer.
- Leave the leather to dry properly.
Repairing scratches and superficial tears where the leather was not torn completely:
- Keep the tear open and fill it with HG transparent leather repairer by using the supplied spatula.
- Push both sides of the leather together and remove any surplus HG leather repairer with the spatula.
- The product is dry after a few hours and the leather can be used fully after 24 hours.
Repairing tears and scratches where the leather was torn completely:
- Lightly sand the edges of the torn leather.
- Fill the pipette from the packaging with HG transparent leather repairer and push it slightly through the tear (or right-angled tear).
- Slowly squeeze the pipette empty and withdraw it simultaneously from the tear.
- Push both sides of the leather together and remove any surplus liquid with the spatula. The product is dry after a few hours and the leather can be used fully after 24 hours.