Descaling your Nespresso to retain the true coffee flavour
Regularly descaling your Nespresso machine ensures your coffee will continue to taste delicious and your Nespresso machine will work optimally. Regular descaling will also help you enjoy your Nespresso machine for many years to come. The correct annual frequency depends on whether you have hard water and how often you use your machine.
Descale your Nespresso machine with the HG descaler for Nespresso machines?
Follow the steps below when descaling your Nespresso machine with this product.
- Pour 125ml of HG descaler for Nespresso® machines into the water reservoir and top it up to 750ml water (6 times diluted). If the water reservoir is smaller than 750ml, pour 100ml of the descaler into the water reservoir and fill it up to 600ml with water (6 times diluted).
- Leave this solution to work for 10 minutes.
- Then turn the Nespresso machine on and let half of the liquid run through.
- Switch the machine off and leave the product to work for 10 minutes and then let the rest of the liquid run through until the reservoir is completely empty. Your Nespresso machine is now descaled.
- Rinse the water reservoir well after treatment and fill it with clean tap water.
- Then run the machine at least 3 times with just water using the lungo button to ensure there are no remaining limescale deposits or aftertaste. Your Nespresso machine is now ready to make a delicious cup of coffee.