Remove old chocolate stains with HG
How to get chocolate stains out of clothes? HG stain away no. 4 is the simple, quick and effective way to remove chocolate from clothes.
Complete the following steps to remove chocolate from clothes with HG stain away no. 4:
- Treat an inconspicuous part of the fabric first to test it for colourfastness.
- Remove the residues from the stain as much as possible.
- Fill a bucket with 1 litre of hot water and dissolve HG stain away no. 4 into the bucket.
- Submerge the part with the stain and leave to soak for 30 minutes. Remember the care label of the fabric.
- Rinse it thoroughly with warm water.
The best way to remove chocolate stains from a couch with HG
You can remove chocolate stains from the settee in a flash with HG stain remover extra strong.
Complete the following steps to remove a chocolate stain from the settee with HG stain remover extra strong:
- Spray the stain with HG stain remover extra strong and leave to absorb for a few minutes.
- Remove the loosened dirt with a clean and absorbing cloth.
Alternative tips for how to get rid of chocolate stains on clothes
HG stain away no. 4 is the best way to remove chocolate stains from clothes. There are other products for removing chocolate from clothes. We cannot guarantee that they work. You use these products at your own risk.
1. Remove chocolate stains from clothes with milk
Milk does not completely remove the stain, but it fades by pouring the milk on the stain. Leave the milk to absorb a little while and then wash the garment as normal.
2. Remove chocolate stains from clothes with benzene
Benzene is more powerful than milk. That is particularly useful when the stains are bigger and for coloured garments. Or when you need to remove chocolate stains that have penetrated. Put benzene on the stain with a cloth or directly. Then rinse it thoroughly with water and then wash the garment in the washing machine.
3. Remove chocolate stains from clothes with bleach
How to remove a chocolate stain from white cotton? You can bleach the stain. Dilute some bleach in a bucket. Soak the garment in the mixture for a few minutes. Then you wash the garment in the usual way.
How to remove a chocolate stain from a couch with alternative tips
It is often possible to remove chocolate from the settee with the same products you use for removing chocolate stains from fabric. However, there are few tips that are easier to use on a sofa. We cannot guarantee they work. HG stain remover extra strong is guaranteed to work.
1. Remove chocolate stains from the settee with washing-up liquid
Mix one tablespoon of washing-up liquid and two cups of cold water. Dab a cloth and then dab the stain carefully with the cloth. The stain should start to disappear slowly. Now dab a new cloth in clean water and use it to remove the washing-up liquid properly.
2. Remove chocolate stains from the settee with alcohol
Alcohol is more aggressive than washing-up liquid. Only use this for the more stubborn stains. Put some cleaning alcohol on a white cloth. Rub the alcohol into the stain with small movements. Take a clean cloth when the first one starts to show stains. Or continue with a clean part of the first cloth. When enough of the stain has been removed, you can remove the rest completely with some water and furniture cleaner.
What not to do when you remove a chocolate stain
There is one product that you absolutely should not use when you have a chocolate stain. Never use soap to remove chocolate stains. That could fix the chocolate in the fabric. That will make it virtually impossible to remove the chocolate stain from the fabric.
If you have a good tip for removing chocolate stains, please let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions about how to get rid of chocolate stains
How to get chocolate stains out of clothes?
You can remove chocolate stains from clothes with:
- Benzene if it is coloured clothing
- Bleach for a chocolate stain on white clothes
How do you remove chocolate stains from upholstery?
You can remove chocolate stains from the settee with:
- Washing-up liquid
What not to do when you have chocolate stains?
Never use soap to remove chocolate stains because that can fix the stain.