It is easy to remove a ketchup stain from clothes with HG
For nasty sauce stains, we specifically developed HG stain away no. 1. With HG stain away no. 1, removing ketchup from fabrics is not a problem. It doesn't matter whether the ketchup stain has dried or not. Do you want to know how to remove a ketchup stain from a sofa, or how to remove ketchup stains from a carpet? Use HG stain remover extra strong.
Complete the following steps to use HG stain away no. 1 to remove ketchup stains:
- Treat an inconspicuous part of the fabric first and test it for colourfastness.
- Remove the residues from the stain as much as possible.
- Dissolve HG stain away no. 1 in 1 litre of hot water.
- Submerge the part of the fabric with the stain in the solution. Leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Remember the care label of the fabric. For stubborn stains dilute the solution to 4 litres.
- Then soak the entire garment. Leave it to soak for a few hours and submerge it from time to time.
- Rinse it thoroughly with warm water.
How to remove a ketchup stain from white clothes
With HG stain away no. 1 removing old ketchup stains from clothes is a piece of cake. There are various DIY products you can use to remove a ketchup stain. We cannot guarantee that they work. You use them at your own risk.
1. Remove ketchup stains with vinegar
Check first that your clothes can deal with vinegar by trying it out in an inconspicuous place. Dribble some vinegar on the stain and leave it to soak. Then you can rub on some washing-up liquid. Then wash the garment in the normal way.
2. Remove ketchup stains with lemon juice
This works the same as vinegar. Try this in an inconspicuous place first too. Put some lemon juice on the stain. Leave it to soak briefly to remove the ketchup. Then wash the garment in the normal way. To be certain, you can rub the stain with washing-up liquid just before washing.
3. Remove ketchup stains with ammonia
Ammonia is really suitable for removing ketchup from clothes. Ammonia is fairly aggressive, so never use it on delicate fabrics, such as wool, silk or linen. Try ammonia in an inconspicuous place first too. Mix some warm water and a little ammonia. Leave the garment to soak for a while.
If you have a good tip for how to remove ketchup stains from fabric, please let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions about how to remove a tomato ketchup stain from a carpet
How do I get ketchup stains out?
You can remove ketchup stains from clothes with:
- Lemon juice
Which HG product do I use to remove ketchup stains?
With HG stain away no. 1 removing ketchup stains is a piece of cake.