How do my leather car seats get dirty?
Leather in your car does not only become dirty because you spill something, because of crumbs or dirty clothes. As you use your car regularly, a layer of dirt forms on your leather car seats over time. The leather can also become dirty because you spill food or drink, with perspiration or because your children are doing all sorts on the back seat. It is not hygienic if you don't clean your car and it isn't good for the leather either. So, if you want to enjoy your leather car seats for a long period of time, car leather cleaning is the answer.
The leather seats in your car are dirty, but also damaged? You need to clean the leather, but you also need to repair it or have it repaired.
How to protect leather car seats with HG
Do you want to clean the leather in your car effectively? For the best results you can use HG deep cleaner for leather and HG 4-in-1 leather cleaner. This ensures your leather upholstery to stay in top condition
Complete the following steps to clean the leather in your car down to the pores with HG deep cleaner for leather:
- Shake the bottle of HG deep cleaner for leather well before use.
- Vacuum the leather you want to clean.
- Spray some deep cleaner on a soft, clean cloth.
- Clean the leather interior and seats by making circular motions. If you use the deep cleaner, allow the product to absorb into stains for about 30 seconds and remove the loosened dirt with a clean cloth.
- Leave the leather to dry for 30 minutes and then treat the surface with HG 4-in-1 leather cleaner.
After treating the car leather with HG deep cleaner for leather, you can use HG 4 in 1 leather cleaner following these steps:
- After using HG deep cleaner for leather, allow the cleaned surfaces to dry for 30 minutes.
- Put HG 4-in-1 leather cleaner on a cloth or sponge and gently rub it into the material.
- After about 10 minutes polish with a soft cloth, without using any pressure.
Alternative tips for cleaning the leather in your car
HG deep cleaner for leather is the best solution for cleaning the leather interior of your car, but there are alternative solutions for cleaning car leather. We cannot guarantee these alternative solutions work. You use the products below at your own risk.
- Dab with a damp cloth, do not rub
When something has been spilled on the leather seats in your car, it is important not to leave it too long. Take a damp cloth and dab the stain. It is important to dab and not to rub, because rubbing is likely to damage the leather.
- Clean a leather car seat with vinegar and linseed oil
Vinegar and linseed oil are a good combination. Put one part of vinegar and one part linseed oil in a jar and shake before use. Then clean the leather car seat with this mixture and a soft, clean cloth. Polish properly, so that you don't get oil on your clothes when you sit in the seat.
- Clean tough grease stains on car leather with soft household soap
Anything made of leather, including your car interior, can be cleaned with soft household soap. As soft household soap is greasy, your leather becomes supple too. Put a scoop of soft soap in a bucket of warm water. Use a soft brush or sponge, dip it in the bucket and brush the leather clean. Don't make the leather too wet.
Are you dealing with tough stains? Put undiluted soft household soap on the leather and leave it to absorb. Then brush the leather clean with a soft brush or sponge. Now dry the leather with a dry, clean cloth.
If you have any good tips for cleaning leather car seats or your leather interior, please let us know.
Frequently Asked Questions about cleaning and conditioning leather car seats and a leather car interior
Why should I clean my leather car seats?
We often hear that the leather car seats and/or the leather interior are not dirty. Followed by the question why it should be cleaned at all. But regular use of your car really does make the leather in your car dirty. So regular cleaning is important. It means the leather will last much longer.
Which HG product do I use to clean car leather?
How do I clean car leather?
There are various options for cleaning the leather in your car:
- With HG products
- With vinegar and linseed oil
- With soft household soap
What should I avoid when I clean my leather car seats?
Never rub, but dab.