The product has been added to your list.
A clean screen lasts longer
Screens attract dust. When dust particles accumulate, they get in the edges of the TV and that causes a short-circuit. Fingerprints leave a greasy film on the screen and make sure even more dust adheres to the screen. So clean your screen once a week. The screen stays beautiful longer and lasts longer too.
How to clean a laptop screen: 3 tips
Do you need to clean a TV screen or a laptop screen? Various tips are shared on the internet. HG selected a random number of tips that could help to prevent a dirty screen.
1. Cleaning a tv screen with water
- Switch off the screen.
- Moisten a soft lint free cloth with lukewarm water.
- Wring out the cloth properly: it should not drip.
- Wipe it carefully over the screen to remove dust, don't press too hard
Squeeze the cloth and make sure that you don’t have drops in the edges of the TV. They cause a short-circuit.
2. Cleaning a TV screen with a glasses cleaning cloth
A glasses cleaning cloth or microfibre cloth does not contain moisture and has been developed specifically for removing grease and dust. It is a safe and effective way to clean your screen.
3. Avoid vinegar, spirits, glass cleaner and all-purpose cleaner
Many websites recommend cleaning a TV with windex, cleaning a TV screen with vinegar, methylated spirits, glass cleaner or all-purpose cleaner. Do not use those products. They contain aggressive substances that affect the protective film on your screen. Only use water, a microfibre cloth (never use spray bottles) or a product that has been developed specifically for cleaning screens. It means your television or computer lasts longer.
HG screen cleaner: cleans a TV screen without streaks
With HG screen cleaner you can clean Plasma, LED, TFT or LCD screens without leaving scratches or streaks. Remove dirt, grease and fingerprints from the screen without affecting the special screen coating. The special TV screen cleaner applies an ultra-thin protective coating, which means your screen attracts dust less quickly.
How do you use HG screen cleaner:
- Let your screen cool down.
- Spray a small amount of TV screen cleaner on the screen.
- Clean and dry the screen with the supplied fabric tissue.
For stubborn marks, use slightly more fluid and rub the mark with a circular movement.
- A screen cleaner without a protector? Try HG screen cleaner.
Frequently Asked Questions about cleaning a TV screen
How do I clean the TV screen?
- Switch the TV off and leave it to cool down.
- Wipe off most of the dust with a dry cloth.
- Clean the screen streak free with a glasses cleaning cloth, a damp soft cloth or with HG screen cleaner.
What do I use to clean my TV screen?
- A damp cloth.
- A glasses cleaning cloth or microfibre cloth.
- HG screen cleaner.
Which HG product do I use to clean my TV screen?
With HG screen cleaner you can clean Plasma, LED, TFT or LCD screens without leaving scratches or streaks. Remove dirt, grease and fingerprints from the screen without affecting the special screen coating.