It is easy to remove a foundation stain from clothes with HG
HG stain away no 5 is the ideal solution for removing foundation stains from clothing. Our stain away can remove all types of foundation stains and makeup stains. Whether you need to get powder, liquid or oil-based foundation from clothes. Even removing a foundation stain on a white shirt is not a problem with HG stain away no. 5. Neither is removing old foundation stains. Do you need to remove foundation from a sofa? Use HG stain remover extra strong.
Complete the following steps to use HG stain away no. 5 to remove a foundation stain from clothes:
- Treat an inconspicuous part of the garment first and test it for colourfastness.
- Remove the residues from the stain as much as possible.
- Fill a dish with HG stain away no. 5. Put the part with the stain in the dish.
- Leave to soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rub the fabric against the fabric and then rinse properly with warm water. Repeat the treatment if necessary and leave to soak longer, but do not let the liquid dry out.
- For smaller stains, put the fabric on an absorbent white surface, such as a white cloth or paper towel for example.
- Dab with a cloth drenched in the product and rinse it thoroughly with warm water.
What not to do when you remove foundation stains from shirts
There are few things you should absolutely not do when you want to get foundation out of clothes.
- Don’t wait too long with getting foundation out of clothes.
- Do not use make-up remover to remove a foundation stain.
- Do not rub the stain.
How to remove a foundation stain from a shirt with alternative products
HG stain away no 5 is the quickest and the safest way to remove foundation stains from clothing. There are other products you can try to get foundation out of clothes. Be careful! We cannot guarantee that they work. You always use them at your own risk. Read the care label of the garment.
1. How to remove a powder foundation stain on clothes
Blow as much of the powder from the clothes as possible. Mix white-wine vinegar or white vinegar with the same amount of water. Let a few drops drip on the stain. Use the convex side of a spoon to rub carefully over the stain. Then wash the garment in the normal way with laundry detergent.
2. Remove liquid or cream foundation stain from clothes
With liquid foundation or cream, you can use shaving foam to remove the foundation stain. Spray a small amount of the shaving cream on the stain and spread it out. Push the shaving foam into the garment with a clean cloth. Then rinse it thoroughly under the tap. The foundation is still there? Repeat it once more and add a few drops of pure alcohol. Now wash the garment in accordance with the care label to remove the foundation from the clothes.
3. Remove oil-based foundation
Removing oil-based foundation from clothes can be a bit more difficult. Moisten the stained area a little. Add some dish soap. Carefully rub in the dish soap into the stain with a clean and slightly damp cloth. Dab the stain dry with a dry cloth or kitchen roll and then rinse it clean under the tap with cold water. Repeat the steps if the stain is still clearly visible. Then you wash the garment in the usual way to remove the foundation from the clothes.
If you have a good tip on how to remove foundation stain from white clothes, please let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions on how to get foundation stains out
What not to do when you remove foundation stains?
When you remove foundation stains, you should never:
- Wait too long
- Use makeup remover
How do I get foundation out of clothes?
You can remove foundation stains with:
- Water and white-wine vinegar or white vinegar for powder.
- Shaving foam for liquid foundation or cream.
- Washing-up liquid for oil-based foundation.
Which HG product do I use to remove foundation from clothes?
HG stain away no 5 is the ideal solution for removing foundation stains from clothing.