Why clean a hydromassage bathtub?
Cleaning a whirlpool bath is a good idea. When you take a bath, limescale, soap residues, oils and skin grease end up in the jets and the pipes of your whirlpool. Incorrect use of bath products only makes the problem worse.
The pipes and the jets of your whirlpool bathtub are also affected by limescale. This reduces the lifespan of the jacuzzi bathtub. Keep your whirlpool in perfect condition by using the right cleaning products. With good maintenance, your whirlpool lasts longer.
Clean your whirlpool with vinegar or baking soda
When you clean the hydromassage bathtub, pay attention to the pipe, taps and the tub itself. Can you clean a whirlpool with products you already have at home? No problem. There are many DIY products on the internet you can use to clean a whirlpool. HG selected 2 products that could serve as an emergency solution. If you want guaranteed success when you clean the pipes, you use HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner. For taps you use HG limescale remover foam spray super powerful.
Complete the following 3 steps to clean your whirlpool with vinegar or baking soda.
1. Start with the pipes
The pipes are the invisible part of the whirlpool, making them more difficult to clean. With the right method, it's not a problem.
- Fill your bathtub to 5 cm above the highest jets. Use warm or hot water.
- Pour a bottle of vinegar in the bath or add 2 cups of baking soda.
- Leave the systems of your whirlpool run for at least 15 minutes to clean your hydromassage bathtub properly. It ensures all the dirt will come loose.
- Leave the water to stand for one hour. That ensures the dirt is tackled properly and will soak away.
- Switch the systems on again, but this time for 10 minutes.
- Empty the bath. Now you're ready with the systems of the bath.
2. Descale the taps
Limescale makes your tap dull or causes blockages. So make sure you clean your tap regularly. You can use vinegar for that. If you have areas that are badly affected with limescale, use our HG limescale remover foam spray super powerful.
Avoid the use of bleach, chlorine or scouring agents. Scouring sponges are a no-no too, because they damage the tap. After cleaning, use a soft cloth to polish the taps. That is how they stay scratch-free and shiny.
3. Clean the tub
When you've finished with the jets, pipes and taps, you clean the tub. That is always the last part. By leaving it last, you also clean the grease and dirt that comes from the pipes and the jets. Use a mild cleaning agent to clean your whirlpool. It means the soft material of the tub will not be damaged.
If you want to clean your jacuzzi bathtub effectively, use HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner
Products, such as baking soda or vinegar, serve as an emergency solution, but they do not guarantee success. With HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner you clean the internal whirlpool system safely and completely.
Our cleaner contains natural raw materials, such as lactic acid and Australian tea-tree oil, and is quick and easy to use.
Complete the following steps to remove dirt effectively with our HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner:
For whirlpools with an internal (semi) automatic cleaning system:
- Fill the internal cleaning system with HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner.
- Then follow the instructions for your whirlpool.
For whirlpools without an internal cleaning system:
- Fill the whirlpool with warm water to 5cm above the highest openings for the water or air jets.
- Add 50 to 75 ml of HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner directly to the bath.
- Activate the system and leave it to work for 15 minutes.
- Empty the tub and rinse with clean water.
- Repeat the treatment once every 2-3 weeks to prevent a build-up of dirt.
Reduce the chance of blocked jets and pipes
There are a number of things you can do to keep your jacuzzi bath as clean as possible. Below we give 3 tips.
- Do not use soap or oil in your hydromassage bathtub. They clog up the jets and the pipes. Instead of soap and oil, you use fragrances based on alcohol, or bath salts.
- Take a shower before you get into your whirlpool.
- Avoid a scrubbing session in the tub. The skin flakes end up in the jets and the pipes.
Frequently Asked Questions about cleaning a whirlpool
How often do I use the whirlpool cleaner?
Clean your whirlpool once every 2-3 weeks with HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner if you use your whirlpool at least once a week. That is how you prevent a build-up of dirt.
How do I clean my jacuzzi bath?
It is easy to clean your whirlpool with our HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner. Fill the tub, add the product, and switch on your whirlpool for 15 minutes. Empty the tub and rinse.
How do I clean my jacuzzi bathtub with an internal semi or fully automatic cleaning system?
Fill the internal cleaning system with HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner. Then follow the instructions for your whirlpool.
Can I clean a jacuzzi bathtub with vinegar or baking soda?
Yes, but there is no guarantee of success. It is best to use a professional product, such as our HG hygienic whirlpool bath cleaner.